Author: Erin Brooks
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: 2 cups
- 250g button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 2 tbspn salt
- 1 cup good-quality olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ tspn dill tips, mustard powder, onion powder
- 1 tspn cumin seeds (or ground), garlic granules
- a pinch of sweet paprika
- 500ml jar or glass container with lid
- Place mushrooms in a sieve over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Toss well to coat all mushrooms in salt.
- Leave for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms well, shake off excess water and then pat dry with a paper towel. Gently squeeze to remove as much water as possible.
- Grab a 500ml jar or container and add the mushrooms.
- Pour marinade over the top and stir gently to coat.
- Put the lid on and put in the fridge to allow flavours to develop.
- Leave for at least half an hour.
- Will last about a week in the fridge.
Recipe by she cooks, she gardens at http://shecooksshegardens.com/2014/12/marinated-mushrooms/