Author: Erin Brooks
Recipe type: Sauce
- ½ bunch of kale, thick ends removed and roughly chopped
- a handful of dill
- a handful of parsley
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbspns rice bran oil (or similar)
- ¼ cup of almonds
- 2 cloves of garlic, skins removed and roughly chopped
- ½ tspn honey (*optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For risoni pasta:
- 1 veg stock cube
- ¼ cup risoni pasta
- 2 tbspns kale pesto
- 1 tbspn goats curd
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the kale, dill and parsley to the bowl of your food processor.
- With the motor running add the oil and lemon juice.
- Once the leaves have started to break down add the almonds, garlic and honey.
- Blend for a couple of minutes until creamy.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, wizz again and then taste.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To make risoni pasta:
- Bring a small saucepan half-filled with water to the boil.
- Add the stock cube and pasta and cook according to packet directions.
- Approx two minutes before the pasta is done, add the peas to the cooking water.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Add pesto and goats curd and mix well.
Recipe by she cooks, she gardens at http://shecooksshegardens.com/2013/09/kale-pesto/