Raw Beet & Mandarin Salad
Author: Erin Brooks
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 small-medium size Beetroot, peeled
- 4 small-medium size Mandarin, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 tspn Dukkha
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tbspn red wine vinegar
- 1 tbspn extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- A large handful of rocket leaves, rinsed and dried
- Cut the beetroot into small slices using a mandolin (if you don’t have one then grating is a good alternative).
- Segment 3 of the mandarins and place in a large bowl with the beetroot and dukka.
- Take a jam jar (or small bowl) add the juice of the remaining mandi, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Shake well until all combined.
- Add to the bowl with a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add the rocket and toss well to coat.
Recipe by she cooks, she gardens at http://shecooksshegardens.com/2013/09/raw-beet-salad/