I had a great time at the Seed Freedom Festival this weekend. Props to the organisers for putting together a really interesting and diverse line up of people.
Here are a few snaps from the day.
The purpose of the event is to celebrate, inform and inspire South Australians to think more about local and organic produce, growing your own as well as the importance of saving seed.
There were workshops, inspiring speakers – including Lolo Houbein, seed saving guru’s Jude & Michel Fanton and Dr Vandana Shiva, as well as stalls, delicious food and an ‘ugly’ fruit and veg competition.
Highlights for me included:
- The community created seed mandala
- The community seed and produce swaps
- Meeting Nadja from Nadja’s Garden and talking about our plans for a new planting space in our garden
- Hearing from Adam Voysey on the basics of steam distillation and making tinctures from fresh herbs
- And learning more about the art of fermentation from Remedy Bliss.
The event runs annually, so if you missed out you’ll have to wait until next year but the Australian Seed Savers network are always running events so head to their Facebook page or the Seeds of Freedom website to stay informed.
Did you attend the festival? What was your favourite part of the day?