Persimmon season is creeping slowly to an end, before many of us have even had the time to indulge. Here’s a quick salad I threw together with fresh Persimmons and another amazing fruit that is at its prime right now, Pomegranate.
I’m sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I seem to have lost my mojo. But this is me working on getting my mojo back, albeit rather slowly.
I really like this salad and eat it often. It takes a few minutes to throw together and has the perfect balance of salty sweetness and that all important crunch.
- 1 ripe persimmon, cut into pieces
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 30g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- a handful of fresh rocket (arugula), washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tspn olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve