In the meantime I thought I would share this recipe for White Chocolate Macadamia Bliss Balls which I put together a couple of weeks ago. Long term readers of my blog might remember my original bliss ball post back in the early days of ‘she cooks, she gardens’, not a lot has changed since then recipe-wise except the flavours. This flavour combo is based on an idea that Gemma, one of my earliest readers, suggested in the comments at the end of the post (Hi Gemma!). I played around with the flavours and came up with something I can’t get enough of. They are seriously easy to make, require no cooking and come together in a flash. They make a great afternoon treat, are gluten-free and if you use non-dairy chocolate, are 100% vegan.
- 1 cup pitted dates - medjool if you can get them!
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate roughly chopped (I used vegan chocolate)
- 1 cup Macadamias, roasted
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 tbspn warm water
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Place the cranberries and dates in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fruit and add to the bowl of your food processor with the salt and ½ cup coconut flakes.
- Process into a paste - you may need to add some warm water to help things along, add a little at a time.
- Once desired consistency is reached, add the macadamias and white chocolate and blitz for a few seconds leaving large chunks of nuts and chocolate.
- Transfer contents into a bowl and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll into balls and then coat with the remaining coconut.
- Pop back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
See previous post for other flavour combinations
Disclaimer: I received a kilo of Macadamias from Australian Macadamias some of which I used in this recipe.